If you’ve lost one or several of your teeth, it can be upsetting at best and traumatic at worst. Most people will consider all aspects of the different tooth replacement options, including their cost. This is where dental implants enter the picture. Dental implants are considered to be the best dental option at the best price. In this article, we talk about why and how dental implants are a cost-effective investment in your health.
- Dental Implants enhance oral health: With other replacement options, such as a fixed bridge, or a removable partial denture, your oral surgeon may have to cut down healthy teeth to fit the bridge or denture. This could lead to an increased risk of tooth decay and infection. Also, any non-permanent tooth replacement can rub against neighboring teeth over time, thereby resulting in continuous damage. Dental implants, however, are a perfect fit for the space left by missing teeth and so, do not affect neighboring teeth adversely. In this way, they help preserver oral health and save you money in the long term.
- Dental implants prevent bone loss: When you have missing teeth, it could result in jawbone atrophy over time. This means that without natural teeth to stimulate bone growth, the jawbone can continue to shrink. This loss of bone in the jaw can result in your remaining teeth becoming loose or misaligned. Bridges and removable partial dentures fit over the gums and so do not prevent bone loss in the jaw. Dental implants, however, are inserted directly into the jawbone, thereby taking the place of natural teeth and stimulating bone growth. Dental implants also prevent future bone loss and are a more or less permanent and cost-effective solution for missing teeth.
- Dental implants last for a very long time: Bridges and dentures last for an average of 5 to 15 years and need replacement after that. Dental implants, however, can last a lifetime, if well taken care of. This results in considerable cost saving in the long term.
- Dental implants are easy to maintain: While bridges and dentures replace missing teeth, they do not preserve your jawbone. With your jawbone shrinking, you will continuously need new bridges and dentures for a better fit. Dental implants, however, are easy to maintain and once installed, need only regular brushing, flossing, or cleaning, thereby saving you a considerable amount of money.
- Dental implants solve the problem of missing teeth: If you do not address the problem of missing teeth, this will result in considerable expense over the long term. Missing teeth that are not treated can result in bone loss, teeth drifting out of place, and misalignment, resulting in costly replacement procedures. Moreover, misaligned teeth can result in gum disease, tooth decay, breakage, and further tooth loss. With dental implants, you permanently solve the problem of missing teeth. They are an ideal long-term and cost-effective solution to replace missing teeth, thereby preserving your quality of life.
- Dental implants do not require any special care: Bridges and dentures require special care and attention. Also, because of continuing bone loss they need to be replaced every few years. Dental implants, however, do not require any special care. All you need to do is brush and floss regularly and see your dentist every 6 months or so. Dental implants almost never need to be replaced and if inserted by an experienced and skillful oral surgeon have a success rate of almost 98 percent, thereby saving you both time and money.
So, now you know how and why dental implants are a cost-effective investment in your health. At the Harbour Pointe Oral Surgery & Advanced Dental Implant Center, we specialize in inserting dental implants to replace missing teeth.
Dental implants are the most comfortable and permanent solution for missing teeth. They form a strong foundation for teeth and keep the jaw healthy and strong. Implant-supported replacement teeth can be attractive, stable, and comfortable for almost any patient.
So, if you are missing one or several teeth, consider the insertion of dental implants as an option. At Harbour Pointe, we will work with you to give you the best dental implant solution possible. When you come to us for the insertion of dental implants you can be assured of treatment that is comfortable and tailored for your teeth. Experience the most cost-effective solution for missing teeth…dental implants!
For more information about dental implants as a cost-effective solution, consult Dr. Brian Hart and
Dr. Kathleen Isdith at 425-353-1009 or at email@example.com or go to our website www.harbourpointeoralsurgery.net for more information.